We can be strong and high headed but everyone of us do need motivation & inspiration once in a while. We talk to our friends, family and well wishers but there are times when we are either alone or feeling too low to be even with friends. That’s the time when these motivational & inspirational quotes are our best yet silent friends.
So, here are 75 hand picked inspirational business quotes that got my drive back and will motivate you to take a look at bigger picture and push forward. To have a more engaging, quick & relevant reading experience, I have segmented them in various phases of entrepreneurial & business life we face often.
Business Idea Quotes
1. Research your idea. See if there’s a demand. A lot of people have great ideas, but they don’t know if there’s a need for it. You also have to research your competition – Magic Johnson
3. Many great ideas go unexecuted, and many great executioners are without ideas. One without the other is worthless – Tim Blixseth
4. I am aware that success is more than a good idea. It is timing too – Anita Roddick
6. The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.- Walt Disney7. While most are dreaming of success, winners wake-up and work hard to achieve it.
8. You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great – Zig Ziglar
9. Perfectionism is often an excuse for procrastination. -Paul Graham
10. Sometimes when you follow your dream; it opens the door for others to be able to follow theirs. -Neil Patel11. Do something that makes a difference in not just your life but others too.
12. The task we must set for ourselves is not to feel secure, but to be able to tolerate insecurity.- Erich Fromm
13. Make something someone specific needs, launch fast, let users show you what to change, change it, repeat last two. – Paul Graham14. In general don’t start a startup you’re not willing to work on for ten years. -Sam Altman
15. When you’re a one man show you have to focus on the most important thing to get done today. – Noah Everett (My favorite)
16. The lean startup method is not about cost, it is about speed. – Eric Ries
17. The secret of business is to know something nobody else knows. Aristotle Onassis
Business & Competition Quotes
19. Competition is a rude yet effective motivation. – Toba Beta
21. I’ll insist my competitor is the greatest, so that when I beat him, I won’t be calling myself the greatest—I’ll be proving it through my actions. – Jarod Kintz
22. Anytime you find someone more successful than you are, especially when you’re both engaged in the same business – you know they’re doing something that you aren’t. – Malcolm X
23. Whether it’s Google or Apple or free software, we’ve got some fantastic competitors and it keeps us on our toes. – Bill Gates
25. I’m not in competition with anybody but myself. My goal is to beat my last performance. -Celine Dion
26. In business, the competition will bite you if you keep running; if you stand still, they will swallow you. -Semon Knudsen
Failure & Success Quotes
28. The difference in winning & losing is most often, not quitting. – Walt Disney
29. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.- Thomas Edison
32. When you’re ready to quit, you’re closer than you think. – Bob Parsons
33. The cost of hiring someone bad is so much greater than missing out on someone good. – Joe Kraus
34. Recessions are great because they unlock the best people. – Aaron Patzer
37. If we try and fail, we have temporary disappointments. But if we do not try at all, we have permanent regrets. – Bern Williams
38. In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. – Bill Cosby
40. A good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, a little less than his share of the credit. – Arnold Glasow
41. A person who is quietly confident makes the best leader.- Fred Wilson
42. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer. Nolan Bushnell
44. I don’t pay good wages because I have a lot of money; I have a lot of money because I pay good wages. – Robert Bosch
45. Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. – Dr Seuss
46. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. – President John Quincy Adams
47. Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate, and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand. – General Colin Powell
Team Building in Business Quotes
48. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. – Michael Jordan
49. A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide. -Mickey Mantle
50. Do not primarily train men to work. Train them to serve willingly and intelligently.– James Cash Penny
51. There will be times when you will have to be abrasive, even brutal to members of your staff. Don’t worry that your people will say bad things about you because of this. They already have. But in general, try to be pleasant and accommodating. Try to please the greatest number who work for you that you can; antagonize the fewest. Blow smoke. – The Mafia Manager
52. The five separate fingers are five independent units. Close them and the fist multiplies strength. This is organization. – James Cash Penny
Customer Service & Satisfaction Quotes
55. Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. – Bill Gates
56. Customer satisfaction is worthless. Customer loyalty is priceless. – Jeffrey Gitomer
58. Under promise and over deliver. – Toby Bloomberg
60. There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else. Sam Walton, Founder of Wal-Mart
Achievement & Business Opportunities Quotes
62. The mind must see visual achievement of the purpose before action is initiated. – Mack R. Douglas
64. Most of us never recognize opportunity until it goes to work in our competitor’s business.
65. Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision. – Peter Drucker
Networking & Relationship Quotes
66. The mark of a good conversationalist is not that you can talk a lot. The mark is that you can get others to talk a lot. Thus, good schmoozer’s are good listeners, not good talkers. – Guy Kawasaki
67. Networking is marketing. Marketing yourself, marketing your uniqueness, marketing what you stand for. – Christine Comaford-Lynch
68. More business decisions occur over lunch and dinner than at any other time, yet no MBA courses are given on the subject. – Peter Drucker
70. Informal conversation is probably the oldest mechanism by which opinions on products and brands are developed, expressed, and spread. – Johan Arndt
71. Poverty, I realized, wasn’t only a lack of financial resources; it was isolation from the kind of people that could help you make more of yourself. – Keith Ferrazzi
73. A friendship founded on business is better than a business founded on friendship. – John D. Rockefeller
74. Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. – Oprah Winfrey
Honest Confession: I hope that you enjoyed reading the quotes. However, I’d confess; unlike others, my primary aim to create this inspirational & motivational business quotes post was NOT to help myself and others to push forward in high tides but only to get a sense of achievement with at least one completed task when I was having a bad & useless day with no drive to work.
That was the time when I wanted to push myself to complete one easy yet good task that would help me and others too. Curating motivational business quotes was the easy one for me. I didn’t have to think on my own.
It wasn’t as easy as I thought. To compile these 74 best inspirational business quotes, I read through more than 1000 motivational quotes. It was a tiring but amazing experience. Funny but I couldn’t even complete the task that very. Took me whole one week to create final and post it today. I’m glad I created this post.
It’d be great to see some of your collections or favorite quotes. Do share here.
Image courtesy @corbisimages.com