A blog is primarily a useful entity on its own. Full of useful content and information.
The value and demand of a blog goes multi-fold when we add downloadable and precise resources that serve a specific purpose.
For example, I have a free downloadable resources section on my blog that has several free social media and blogging ebooks, slideshows, infographics, videos.
Several new visitors at my blog download these resources and I get new subscribers.
How adding resources to your blog helps?
- You get new subscribers when they download these free resources
- Your website attracts link building and link exchange opportunities. Practically, you created value and that value helps you building links for yourself. Eventually, your website ranks higher without chasing people to give you backlinks.
- You make money. Lists make great resources. You can put special recommendations for a few brands for a fee or add affiliate links. Brands pay well to get listed in highly ranked and visited resources.
- Your blog gets more authority and popularity in your niche.
- You get invited for talk shows and interviews for providing such amazing value. Check my interviews that happened because of the resource section.
- You get business leads
- You can use this subscribers base for email marketing
What All You Can Create in Resources?
- Short, crisp and specific ebooks on popular topics
- Bundle of videos on a specific topic
- Free editable graphics
- Free set of stock images
- Lists of useful tools
Check my Resource section to get a better idea.
Here are a couple of resources for a quick reference.
- 51 Blogging Questions & Answers
- Best web hosting sites for blogs
- Personal Branding for Entrepreneurs
Your action plan for the day
- Think of a great resource you can create
- Keep your readers’ top needs in mind
- Keep the resource a smallest and easiest possible one if it is your first
- Add it to a prominent place in your navigation such as “Download Free eBook”. When you have multiple resources, create a separate section that has all the resources at one place.
You can make the access to this resources section paid.
What do you think about resources? Would love to see your thoughts in the comments.
Want A to Q best blogging tips of this series? Find them all here