How often you found yourself unstoppable reading a blog or book, and even some emails. Ever wondered how some writers can hold your attention and emotions.
You feel like it’s written for you, you found it at the right time, you just needed it and you’re a part of the game.
That’s the power of words.
At right time and
In right amount;
They win with power words
Power words are simple, direct, needful and create a visual in readers’ mind.
Here are some power words and how they help you win
- You – Makes the reader feel important. Remember, your most favorite person in the world is “You”
- Free – Who doesn’t want to save money?
- Instantly – Time is money and you win by delivering instant value.
- New – They say or not, they love knowing and experimenting new things
- Suddenly – To get reader’s attention back. Works great in blogposts, stories and paragraphs.
- Now – Evokes sense of urgency
- Announcing – Simplest and best way to call for attention
- Introducing – Another best way to call for attention
- Amazing – Interestingly one overused power word but still works great in ad copies
- Sensational – Something that would blow one’s mind
- Remarkable – Makes one curious about things with a difference
- Revolutionary – Makes the reader interested in some offbeat idea
- Miracle – Power used to make readers believe in something other unbelievable
- Magic – Like Miracle, this power word works very well in health and money talks. Both are dear to our hearts.
- Offer – Free or paid, an “offer” will get your attention
- Quick – The sense of urgency
- Easy – Who doesn’t love hassle-free stuff
- Wanted – Evokes emotions about something in demand and you don’t want to miss one.
- Challenge – The adrenaline rush! Whether you take it or not, you wish to see the challenge.
- Compare – The logical and rational power word that convince the reader
- Bargain – This power word is hopeful (even if there is no bargain)
- Hurry – Another time intensive power word showing sense of urgency and cost of delay
- Extra – This power word makes even the going prospect back
- Money – An overused yet most irresistible power word
- Today – Sense of urgency and smart buyers wouldn’t trust a tomorrow
- How to – Sense of ease & being helped
- Save – Belongs to sense of getting more for less
- Groundbreaking – Evokes a feeling of unbelievable success
- Hassle-free – Easy, easy
- Final days to save – The right time is now
Where to try these words: Interestingly, they work everywhere. From emails, headlines, conversations to articles.“Without knowing the force of words, it is impossible to know more.” ~ Confucius
Cause and effects words
I have found these two power words most effective in closing a short or long conversation since they make your statements sound specific, logical and objective. Simply helps in decision making
32. For this reason
Power words of assurance
33. Guaranteed – You’re getting a tried and tested thing
34. Lifetime – You’re supported anytime
35. Moneyback – You’re safe
36. No Questions Asked – No hassles, feel free
Where to try these: Payment forms, signup forms, testimonials
Where to try these: Email subject lines, headlines, calls-to-action
Some amazing power words resources
How did you find this post? How about sharing your power words? Would love to see your comments.