We can be strong and high headed but every one of us do need motivation & inspiration once in a while. We talk to our friends, family and well-wishers but there are times when we are either alone or feeling too low to be even with friends. That’s the time when these motivational & inspirational quotes about life and work are our best yet silent friends.
So, here are 74 hand-picked daily inspirational quotes that got my drive back several times and will motivate you to take a look at the bigger picture and push forward. To have a more engaging, quick & relevant reading experience, I have categorized them into various areas of work and life.
Inspirational Quotes for Work
1. Research your idea. See if there’s a demand. A lot of people have great ideas, but they don’t know if there’s a need for it. You also have to research your competition – Magic Johnson
2. Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people-Eleanor Roosevelt
3. Many great ideas go unexecuted, and many great executioners are without ideas. One without the other is worthless – Tim Blixseth
4. I am aware that success is more than a good idea. It is timing too – Anita Roddick
Powerful Motivational Quotes for Success
6. The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.- Walt Disney
7. While most are dreaming of success, winners wake-up and work hard to achieve it.
8. You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great – Zig Ziglar
9. Perfectionism is often an excuse for procrastination. -Paul Graham
10. Sometimes when you follow your dream; it opens the door for others to be able to follow theirs. -Neil Patel
11. Do something that makes a difference in not just your life but others too.
12. The task we must set for ourselves is not to feel secure, but to be able to tolerate insecurity.- Erich Fromm
13. Make something someone specific needs, launch fast, let users show you what to change, change it, repeat last two. – Paul Graham
14. In general don’t start a startup you’re not willing to work on for ten years. -Sam Altman
15. When you’re a one man show you have to focus on the most important thing to get done today. – Noah Everett (My favorite)
16. The lean startup method is not about cost, it is about speed. – Eric Ries
17. The secret of business is to know something nobody else knows. Aristotle Onassis
Inspirational Entrepreneurship Quotes about Competition
19. Competition is a rude yet effective motivation. – Toba Beta
20. Competition brings out the best in products and the worst in people. -David Sarnoff
21. I’ll insist my competitor is the greatest, so that when I beat him, I won’t be calling myself the greatest—I’ll be proving it through my actions. – Jarod Kintz
22. Anytime you find someone more successful than you are, especially when you’re both engaged in the same business – you know they’re doing something that you aren’t. – Malcolm X
23. Whether it’s Google or Apple or free software, we’ve got some fantastic competitors and it keeps us on our toes. – Bill Gates
24. Never compete with someone who has nothing to lose. – Baltasar Graciá
25. I’m not in competition with anybody but myself. My goal is to beat my last performance. -Celine Dion
26. In business, the competition will bite you if you keep running; if you stand still, they will swallow you. -Semon Knudsen
Powerful Motivational Quotes about Failure & Success
28. The difference in winning & losing is most often, not quitting. – Walt Disney
29. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.- Thomas Edison
30. Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. – Henry Ford
32. When you’re ready to quit, you’re closer than you think. – Bob Parsons
33. The cost of hiring someone bad is so much greater than missing out on someone good. – Joe Kraus
34. Recessions are great because they unlock the best people. – Aaron Patzer
35. More people fail though lack of purpose than lack of talent. – Bill Sunday
37. If we try and fail, we have temporary disappointments. But if we do not try at all, we have permanent regrets. – Bern Williams
38. In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. – Bill Cosby
39. Success is how high you bounce after you hit bottom. – General George Patton
Leadership & Entrepreneurship Quotes
40. A good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, a little less than his share of the credit. – Arnold Glasow
41. A person who is quietly confident makes the best leader.- Fred Wilson
42. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer. Nolan Bushnell
44. I don’t pay good wages because I have a lot of money; I have a lot of money because I pay good wages. – Robert Bosch
45. Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. – Dr Seuss
46. If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. – President John Quincy Adams
47. Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate, and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand. – General Colin Powell
Team Building & Business Success Quotes
48. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. – Michael Jordan
49. A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide. -Mickey Mantle
50. Do not primarily train men to work. Train them to serve willingly and intelligently.– James Cash Penny
51. There will be times when you will have to be abrasive, even brutal to members of your staff. Don’t worry that your people will say bad things about you because of this. They already have. But in general, try to be pleasant and accommodating. Try to please the greatest number who work for you that you can; antagonize the fewest. Blow smoke. – The Mafia Manager
52. The five separate fingers are five independent units. Close them and the fist multiplies strength. This is organization. – James Cash Penny
53. None of us is as smart as all of us.- Japanese proverb
Motivational Business Quotes about Customer Service & Satisfaction
55. Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. – Bill Gates
56. Customer satisfaction is worthless. Customer loyalty is priceless. – Jeffrey Gitomer
57. Make a customer, not a sale. – Katherine Barchetti
58. Under promise and over deliver. – Toby Bloomberg
59. Every client you keep, is one less that you need to find. – Nigel Sanders
60. There is only one boss. The customer. And he can fire everybody in the company from the chairman on down, simply by spending his money somewhere else. Sam Walton, Founder of Wal-Mart
Business Success Quotes about Achievement
62. The mind must see visual achievement of the purpose before action is initiated. – Mack R. Douglas
63. The only worthwhile achievements of man are those which are socially useful. – Dr. Alfred Adler
64. Most of us never recognize opportunity until it goes to work in our competitor’s business.
65. Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision. – Peter Drucke
Inspirational Quotes about Networking & Business Relationships
66. The mark of a good conversationalist is not that you can talk a lot. The mark is that you can get others to talk a lot. Thus, good schmoozer’s are good listeners, not good talkers. – Guy Kawasaki
67. Networking is marketing. Marketing yourself, marketing your uniqueness, marketing what you stand for. – Christine Comaford-Lynch
68. More business decisions occur over lunch and dinner than at any other time, yet no MBA courses are given on the subject. – Peter Drucker
70. Informal conversation is probably the oldest mechanism by which opinions on products and brands are developed, expressed, and spread. – Johan Arndt
71. Poverty, I realized, wasn’t only a lack of financial resources; it was isolation from the kind of people that could help you make more of yourself. – Keith Ferrazzi
72. Be more interested than interesting. – Mark Goulston
73. A friendship founded on business is better than a business founded on friendship. – John D. Rockefeller
74. Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher. – Oprah Winfrey
A Confession: I hope that you enjoyed reading these inspirational quotes about life and work. However, I’d confess; unlike others, my primary aim to create this inspirational & motivational business quotes post was NOT to help myself and others to push forward in high tides but only to get a sense of achievement with at least one completed task when I was having an unproductive day with no excitement for work or my day ahead.
That was the time when I wanted to push myself to complete one easy yet good task that would help me and others too. Curating these powerful motivational and inspirational quotes about life and entrepreneurship was an easy one for me. I didn’t have to think on my own.
It wasn’t as easy as I thought. To compile these 74 most powerful inspirational quotes, I had to read through more than 1000 famour quotes about life and work. It was a tiring but amazing experience. Funny but I couldn’t even complete the task that very day. Took me a whole week to create the final and post it today. I’m glad that started and I created this post.
It’d be great to see some of your collections or favorite entrepreneur, life, and success quotes. Do share here in the comments.
Image courtesy @corbisimages.com
Sunita Biddu is a digital business coach and power blogging mentor helping coaches and small business owners. She helps with building a strong and profitable online presence and reputation that creates a self-sustaining business. Sunita writes on this blog once a week about easy-to-use guides and articles about business, coaching, social media and blogging. You can grab some of her free resources and ebooks from the resources section.
1 thought on “74 Inspirational Quotes about Life & Work To Keep You Going in Tough Times”