For nearly 3 years of my early blogging journey, I thought of blogging as writing and sharing useful information and content.
No surprise that it was a robotic act of writing because maintaining a blog was a need for someone who runs a digital marketing and blog management agency.
No surprise that I found myself demotivated and ignoring my blog many times.
Until I realized one day that life was missing in my blog. I felt no joy in blogging.
And that’s what reflected in my posts, my blog, and even in the look and feel of my blog. The retention and subscription rate were too low to motivate me. Figuring this small thing brought a big shift in my blogging journey.
I reviewed my blog and content from a new and fresh perspective. Picked up my favorite subjects first instead of writing everything around digital marketing. I started writing only about blogging and social media. Everything that I learned and practically experienced, I now started writing and sharing with confidence and love.
The difference was instant and massive.
- My blog showed life and love.
- It reflected joy.
- Every topic I would choose was justifying its promise.
- My blog was more specific, focused, and 100 times more useful.
- I started enjoying blogging & became more consistent.
Justify your reason and purpose for blogging. Do not blog just for money. You may not keep up with it for long (unless you have hired someone who is working for money).
It’s okay to post once a week. Or even once a month. But let your posts, content, and blog share joy. Not just information and text.
Readers are sensitive, even if they’re coming to your blog to seeking some answers. The joy in your writing style and blog will give them a reason to subscribe and come again.
Your action plan for today:
- View and read your blog as a reader today.
- Spot the dull and lifeless areas that need attention.
- Navigate thrugh your pages and posts. Read the titles and skim through content. Did you truly “enjoy” reading yourself?
- Do your pictures in posts and pages justify the life and purpose of your blog?
- Make notes and act upon them one at a time.
Would you want my inputs on your blog? Would love, Share your blog link in the comments.
Want A to I best blogging tips of this series? Find them all here